To Order a DVD, in French
|Rolls Royce and Bentley at the Château de Manthelon|
This two-film mini-series takes us into the heart of France’s Angevin and Touraine regions, on the banks of the Loire.
Set in the prestigious Loire valley with its châteaux, the films introduce us to automobile aficionados and classic car collectors, in the company of French specialist Olivier de Serres, who resides near the Château d’Amboise.
De Serres is the author of numerous books on the history of the automobile and French models.
He collects and restores classic cars, particularly the famous Citroën Traction-Avant.
Our guide, Olivier de Serres takes us to meet lovers of original models, like the Triumph TR, MG, Sunbeam Alpine, the XK140 convertible and Type E Jaguars, Rolls Royce, Bentley, Lotus Seven and Austin Healey.
Thanks to photograph and film archives, shots inside mechanic’s shops and magnificent mansions and historical sites, the voyage to Loire and Anjou is a magical trip to the land of the 4-wheel wonders.
* The famous Fontevraud Abbey and a Triumph TR3 and a TR6, the MG A, the Sunbeam Alpine, with a trip to the Château de Montsoreau.
* The city of Saumur, the French National School of Horse Ridding "Le Cadre Noir", with horses, a motocycle Norton 850 commando and a MGA.
* A mecanic's shop for vintage cars in Saumur.
* Wines "dégustation" in the Château de Brézé with Jaguar cabriolet XK140, Thriumph Stag and Rolls Royce.
* Automobile and plane : Lotus Seven, MG, Austin Healey and Jaguar Type E in the airport of Angers.
* 4 Rolls Royce and Bentley in the Château de Manthelon.
|Cars and planes at the airport of Angers|